Log in

History

1940

1944

In October the initiative of Executive Committee Chairman of Valmiera District Rihards Gredzens, Valmiera District integrated plant was established based on the former A.Taurins’s iron works and machine-shop located at Krasta Street (currently T. Udera Street 12). Six employees were repairing different technical machinery.

1950

1950

The machine-shop was established and the first attempts in the commercial manufacturing (belt conveyers, fire extinguisher inventory) were made.

1955

Mass-production was introduced. First OP-3 fire extinguishers were manufactured with production volume 2,500 units per month.

1958

Design engineers of the plant modified OP-3 fire extinguishers and created a new model OP-5 (later it was famous as “BOGATIRJ”).

1959

The plant started to manufacture 20 l fuel cans.

1960

April 1st, 1963

Valmiera District integrated plant was divided, as a result Valmiera Metal manufacture plant and Valmiera Furniture factory were established. On 1st July Valmiera Metal manufacture plant was renamed as Valmiera Fire extinguishing device plant (VuieR).

1970s

1970

The plant started to manufacture 20 l fuel cans for export to Sweden, Finland and Arab countries.

1980

1981

The tenth million fuel can was manufactured.

1982

The plant started to manufacture powder fire extinguishers (PA-10A).

1990

1995

SC “Valpro Corp” started privatization of VUIeR. The main operating fields were manufacturing of central heating boilers, fuel cans, fire extinguishers and different hardware. A number of employees accounts for 185.

1997

The plant started to manufacture fire extinguisher cylinders. Approx. amount in year –7500.

1998

The plant completed privatization of the company. As a result, it was owned by Latvian-Australian joint venture “SC Valpro Corp.” In the latter half of the year, significant reconstruction of the company was started, which involved implementation of new technologies and equipment.

1999

Quality management system certificate ISO 9001-1994 was acquired.

2000

2001

The plant started to manufacture 5l fuel cans and to acquire deep drawing technology for fire extinguisher cylinder production. Fire extinguisher cylinder plastic inlining was introduced to the manufacture.

2002

SC “Valpro Corp.” celebrated 10th anniversary. The plant acquired environment management system certificate EN ISO 14001:1996, occupational health and safety certificate OHSAS 18001:1999 and a new version of certificate ISO 9001-2000.

More than 70 variations of fire extinguisher cylinders were manufactured, 320,000 units were manufactured per year. Export reached 95%.

2005

The first time company participated in “Interschutz 2005” exhibition held in Hanover. In the exhibition company represented its newly designed product – oval powder fire extinguisher which gained attention from visitors and field professionals. In J. Dalins Stadium, a tower designed for firemen competition was built, and afterwards the Baltic States open firemen championship was held.

2008

In May 10th SC “Valpro Corp” was reorganized as “VALPRO” Ltd. The company had been re-certificated in all 3 areas of integrated quality systems, and Inspekta-Latvija re-certificated gas cylinders maintenance process.

2009

“VALPRO” Ltd. and “FN Serviss” Ltd. merge their trade and guarantee maintenance service systems.

2010

2010

For 10 years “VALPRO” Ltd. has been a well recognized manufacturer of military purpose metal cans. “VALPRO” Ltd. has manufactured over 800 000 pcs. of military cans.

2010

„VALPRO” Ltd. Inspection department was included in European Union NANDO information systems as notified body with identification number NB2243, to carry out conformity assessment procedures according to transportable pressure equipment directive 1999/36/EC.

2010.

“VALPRO” Ltd. concludes EU Structural funds project “Universal fire extinguisher implementation in the manufacture”. According to the project new technology was created and introduced, as well as new production line was created.

2011

"VALPRO" Ltd. concluded energy efficiency project "Greenhouse gas emission reduction in VALPRO production hall No. 2 and production studio".

 


Contacts

SIA „VALPRO”
L. Laicena street 2, Valmiera,
LV-4201, Latvia; map
Reg. No.: LV40003058280

 

Tel.: +371 64 207 240
Fax: +371 64 207 250
E-mail: valpro@valpro.lv

Social networks



© 2017 VALPRO Ltd. All Rights Reserved